We give power to the words we hear. The words we allow into our hearts can motivate, destroy, inspire, cripple, motivate, and paralyze us. And the words we share with others can do the same.
Imagine a world filled with words of appreciation, love and support. How would it look like to you? For me, it’s awesome, beautiful and amazing.
Although, we do not have the power to stop others from flinging hurtful words, we do have the power to interpret them and diminish its strength.
Like the quote says, “A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” Therefore, we should not lose any sleep or feel any pain from those that come from a position of hate and insecurity. Also, we define our reality and the words used against us have no power because we can choose to take away its meaning.
- How do you feel when someone says hurtful things to you?
- What can you learn from that moment?
- What do you do when someone says hurtful things?
- What motivates you to continue moving forward?
- In the heat of an argument, how do you feel when you say hurtful things to others?
- Do words really have the power over us or the other way around?