“A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.” – John Rushkin
We are humankind and not humanmean. Being kind is free and good for both the receiver and giver. Kindness stirs a warmth within the depths of your soul and is released to universe. Kindness given without expectations is one of the most unselfish and loving acts that we may do. Imagine a world where we give without expectations and heal the world with love, happiness, and joy.
Activity Challenge: See if you could all five in one day. Then reflect on your experience.
- Tell someone…”I love you because _________________”
- Leave a “Thank you for_______” post-it note
- Spend quality time and be in the present with someone over a cup of coffee or tea.
- Give someone you deeply care about a hug. (i.e. your children, spouse, parents, etc.)
- Give a smile and brighten up someone’s day
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
- When was the last time you told someone they did a great job?
- Did you ever tell anyone that they made your day?
- When was the last time someone told you that you mattered?
- How often do you tell yourself that you are awesome?
- What stirs up inside of you when you experience random acts of kindness?
- What are some examples of how you show kindness?